What is your goal?


Not a New Year's resolution, but a goal--something you wish to accomplish in 2009.

Me? I will send out query letters and get an agent. Shortly thereafter, you will be reading my Road to Publication story on this very blog.

"Oh," you say, "is that all? Why don't you hit the NYT bestseller list while you're at it."

I have confidence I can do it. This is coming from someone who hasn't even sent out a query letter yet. But, for some reason, I know I will get my book published. What's that old song by Journey?
"Don't stop, believinnn..."

That song is now forever associated with Tony Soprano's demise. At least I
think it was his demise.

I also hope to get out of the corporate whoring world of advertising.

Whatever, I digress. So what will you accomplish in 2009?


Check out that orange...whatever on Steve Perry. Classy.

10 comments:

K. M. Walton said...

Why, your goals are quite similar to my goals - my co-non-agented, blogger friend. Here's to reaching those goals!

Maybe the SCBWI conference will be a plentiful experience...

Ray Veen said...

Agent's happen. They really do. But only to the confident and committed.

Which sounds a bit like you.

I know you've got a great writer's group, but I'd like to help with your query too.

Angie Frazier said...

Those are great goals! And totally achievable. I can't wait to read about your road to publication :-) It will happen!

Ronald L. Smith said...

K.M--looking forward to the big NY conference. Should be inspirational.

Ray--thanks. You'll definitely be on my list for query hell. I mean help.

Angie--thanks for popping by. And thanks for your vote of confidence. I think I scoured your blog. Did you ever write a Road to Pub story?

Carrie Harris said...

Woo hoo! Nothing like thinking positive. I look forward to reading that book of yours in print some day. :)

Ronald L. Smith said...

Carrie!--Hi. You too. I want to read your work. Here's to everyone getting what they wish for in 2009!

Michele Thornton said...

I have a strict policy against New Year's resolutions, but I do have goals...and mine is 1. get agent, 2. write second book in series. 3. get my teeth into writing a few other stories I've back-burnered 4. pay the mortgage. 5. be more patient with my daughter. and 6. dust more frequently.

Just kidding on #6. To hell with the dust. On with the Writing!

Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Prince Balthazar. Thanks for being inspiring. I like your attitude and the "goals not resolutions" thing. Amen to getting rid of the corporate whoring ad biz...
My goal is to find the goal. And I want to write more... Can't wait to read your book. Charbel.

Elizabeth said...

Hey now, have you thought of the Firebrand query holiday?
Thanks for stopping by my place BTW.

Ronald L. Smith said...

Yes, Elizabeth, I think I will submit to Firebrand for the Query Holiday. Sounds like a good opportunity.

Charbel, thanks for stopping by Buddy.

Michele, good luck with that Full MS that's out!