Hello Blog!

Yes, I've been lax in updates. I've made a few trips to Los Angeles and New York for my advertising job and it's been a long few weeks. I've also had a hard time not picking up the Glimmerlings. I started another story but it is in the throes of nascence. So right now I am sitting in Caribou coffee shop about to start reading Glimmerlings again. I've peeked a few times, but I haven't done a complete read-through in a few weeks.

I know, one should wait a lot longer and let the work simmer so inconsistencies might become more clear. But I can't. I'm obsessed. I did finish a first draft of a query letter though, which I've read is almost as hard as writing a novel. That one page pitch of your work has to be engaging enough to get an agent to ask for a partial or full manuscript. I also need to print out a copy and send it to a few people. My goal today is to finish reviewing and, if it still holds up, send out query letters.

1 comment:

Rachel Hawkins said...

Hey there! Thanks for coming over to my blog; I figured I'd repay the favor. After all, we neurotic reader types need each other! ;)