Sure is dusty around here

Wow, I've been quite neglectful of Ye Olde Blog. You know how it is: an extended hangover from the holidays, life gets in the way, you procrastinate, wonder what to blog about.

Yeah, all that.

The good news is that I've made quite a bit of progress on my YA novel and I hope to query soon.

I didn't make any New Year's Resolutions. Don't think I ever have, actually. If anything, I just make a vow to continue writing and not falling into a sense of malaise.

Then again, maybe it should be to blog more. Some writers I admire blog a lot and I wonder how they do it.

I have to say, I'm really excited by this book and hope it's the one to snag an agent. But, you never know. It could be a pile of crap. I'm at that stage where some days I think it is The Most Awesome Thing I've Ever Written. Other days, it's an insult to the craft of literature.

I'm so close to it it's hard to look at it fresh. I know: set it down and pick it up again later. Well, I've done that and now I just need to let it go. One more read-through, I believe, and I think it's ready.

I'll keep you all posted on my progress.

5 comments:

K. M. Walton said...

Hi Ron! Sounds like you're in a pretty good place actually. I'll send you tons of good query vibes, my friend.

Ronald L. Smith said...

Thanks Kate! And thanks for dropping by....you...you...you author you!

Susan R. Mills said...

Ah, the old love/hate relationship. I've been there so many times! Best of luck!

Kiki Hamilton said...

I'm sure it's a pile of AWESOME!! Good luck and do keep us posted!

Ronald L. Smith said...

test