First Draft Done


The Glimmerlings & the Book of Sleep is sitting on my desk. Draft one complete. I'm having a hard time not picking it up and perusing it, eager to make more changes. I have to let it simmer for a while and then look at it anew.

I will be sending it to a few people to get their responses. A few youngsters, I hope. Kids are a rarity in my circle but a few friends have friends with kids, so maybe I can get them to be my beta readers. I'll also send to my brother, who, like me grew up on a diet of fantasy and sci-fi.

I'm starting another novel, while letting the Glimmerlings marinate. Tentative title: The Last Tribe. Here's the newspaper headline that opens the novel:

"TRIBE" OF WILD CHILDREN FOUND IN WOODS
SEEKING PARENTS OR ADULTS WHO
MAY KNOW THEIR IDENTITIES

Curious?

Still have to discover where it's going, but I have a general road map, just need to fill in the details. Must go run errands now. Later.

No comments: